Saturday, September 24, 2011

Musical Interlude: Nevermind

It was twenty years ago today that Kurt Cobain told the band to play. I remember like it was yesterday.



Actually, twenty years since Nirvana released the album Nevermind, which in terms of impact ranks with Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band and Never Mind The Bollocks, Here's The Sex Pistols on the all-time list of rock albums. (Personally, Revolver gets my vote for the best of all time, but that's just me.)

Twenty years. Twenty years. Time flies.

5 comments:

Plain Chicken said...

I was a freshman at Auburn when this album came out. It changed the music world and is still one of my all-time favorite albums.

Michael Troutman said...

My first band was Nirvana when I was in middle school. If it's been 20 years since Nevermind, then that makes it what, 3 years before they're eligible for the Rock N' Roll Hall Of Fame?

Perfect Number 6 said...

Kurt Cobain was my first rock star crush in middle school, and I cried for a week when he died. I can't believe it's been 20 years since Nevermind!

And I'm with you—Revolver is one of my favorites!

mister muleboy said...

Dave Grohl and I were talking about how much fun we've had since he made this record.

He looks about the same, just richer.

I look like I died with Kurt Cobain. . .

and then gained weight.

Mythical Monkey said...

If anybody else has problems with their comments disappearing, ala mister muleboy earlier today, let me know and I'll see if I can undisappear them ...