Wednesday, November 3, 2010

A Bit Of A Haitus, Don't You Know

Obviously I've hit a bit of a snag, blog-wise. Too much going on—brothers, ballgames and builders, more or less in that order. I'm almost done with my essay on the best comedy of 1933, but now it looks like I won't have an opportunity to post it until sometime next week.

So in the meantime, how about another poll. Or survey, actually.

Of these must-see comedies from 1933, which have you actually seen? You may choose more than one answer.

Design For Living
Dinner At Eight
Duck Soup
I'm No Angel
The Private Life of Henry VIII
She Done Him Wrong
Sons Of The Desert

9 comments:

Maggie said...

LOL, what else ya got?

Mythical Monkey said...

Oops -- sounds like I should have included "none of the above" as one of the options!

mister muleboy said...

aren't you also running for office in the DC Bar Association?

Oh, sorry; wrong year. . . .

Mythical Monkey said...

Oh, sorry; wrong year. . . .

Wrong universe. Although quantum physics suggests that on some plane of existence, I'm president of the United States. So I've got that going for me. Which is nice.

Plain Chicken said...

See you Saturday!

War Eagle!

Mythical Monkey said...

War Cam Eagle!

Looking forward to some of that Plain Chicken tailgating magic!

Who Am Us Anyway? said...

You got brothers, ballgames & builders, I got beatniks, bottles, & backgammon; it's trouble no matter where you go ... hey man the only one I've seen so far is Duck Soup!

Jason Marshall said...

I don't mean to be a show off, but I've seen them all. The best is, of course, "Duck Soup" and the worst is a tie between "I'm No Angel" and "Design for Living."

I have a great deal of affection for the others. Charles Laughton is great in "The Private Life of Henry VIII." I love just about anything with Laurel and Hardy and they get "Sons of the Desert" through some of its uneven patches. Mae West gives her best performance in "She Done Him Wrong." And "Dinner at Eight" is saved by some fine performances, especially Marie Dressler, Jean Harlow, Lionel Barrymore, and John Barrymore.

I know. I'm a great big movie nerd. I'm old enough to have embraced that fact.

Mythical Monkey said...

I don't mean to be a show off, but I've seen them all.

Actually, if you're ever going to show off, this is the place to do it. We here at the Monkey love movies and the people who love them.